Employment Law changes due in the next 3 months
- Statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay increases to £135.45 per week.
- Last year in October, the Government announced that the qualifying period for an employee to bring an unfair dismissal claim will increase from 1 to 2 years. This change comes into force 6th April 2012.
- Employers can be asked by the HMRC to pay a security in case of non-payment of income tax or national insurance.
- Contracting out of state additional pension abolished.
- Statutory Sick Pay increases to £85.85 per week.
- The Government announced a “fundamental review” of the employment tribunal procedure and substantial changes are expected.